Friday, June 18, 2010

Worlds Greatest Dad.


there are billions of men in the world. millions of these billions are dads. every little girl thinks hers is the best. i know mine is.
my dad can do anything. hes a fishing genius, building his own tackle. could build a house, with working plumbing and electricity from the ground up. he could make any booboo go away with a kiss and few soft words(or a wad of chewing tobacco.. ever heard of cow ants?). loves me for me and believes in me, no matter how many times i screw up. he taught me to ride a bike and handed me my first camera. we butted heads like no tomorrow, but mostly because we are just alike; strong willed, bull headed, always think know we are right. i got my red hair from my daddy, the freckles too. im named after him and i have his easy going spirit. i also share his love of C.O.P.S. (the tv show), tinkering, motorcycles and eating. me and my dad can sit and talk for hours about everything, or nothing in particular. we can also sit in complete silence and just enjoy each others company. the way my dad looks at my children, his grandboys, makes me melt. Rowen is his little buddy, and Kai is his little redhead. almost everytime i talk to my dad he says "hows my buddy(rowen)? Kai still have his red hair?''.  his real laugh is a treasure. its seldom heard, but when it is it can make me smile for days.
                                                                             
 
                                                          










as of late it seems my dad has had a little competition.










meet Matt, my husband. he can make our sons laugh with just a look. hes super strong, carrying me and my big ol belly to bed when my ankles were swollen and i was at my biggest. he can sing like a super star and knows how to get Rowen amped up for a big day of hockey. he even taught the little guy how to trip the bigger ones that were bullying him on the ice. Rowen wants to be just like him, he does everything daddy does. hes learned to play his video game, sits like him, talks him, cheers for the canes, loves daddys songs. Rowen is a mini Matt. Kai adores him too, cooing and ga-ga-ing over every little face Matt makes. Kai doesnt seem like he is going to be quite as wound up as them two but i can see by the way he looks at Matt he absolutely adores him. i came home late the other night to all three of them in their underwear, arms stretched out above their heads, sound asleep in our bed. God has truely blessed me with two beautiful boys and a wonderful husband they call Daddy.













on another note i would like to congratulate my twin brother and his wife on their wonderful news and wish Michael a Happy First Fathers Day!



having all these  amazing men in my life makes me one lucky gal!
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!


-Georgia

p.s. some of these pics were taken by an awesome photographer over at

2 comments:

  1. Awh, Chelle! You have an amazing family! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post :) BTW we should do this:
    http://thepolishedpickle.blogspot.com/2010/06/world-wide-silly-girl-photoshoot.html

    ReplyDelete